Eisner Health is seeking an experienced Pharmacy Technician to work under the direct supervision and control of the supervising pharmacists. Pharmacy technicians must work with the pharmacist in such a relationship that the supervising pharmacist is fully aware of all activities involved in the preparation and dispensing of medications, including the maintenance of appropriate records. The duties of the Pharmacy Technician include, but are not limited to;
- Accurately and promptly input patient demographics, including allergies and insurance coverage.
- Assures that document and prescriptions are correctly scanned into a patient’s profile that corresponds to that patient.
- Follows the prescriber’s order or pharmacist’s discretion and reads, interprets and proficiently processes prescriptions using the pharmacy prescription processing software.
- Enters correct drug, strength, dosage form, quantity, refills, sig text, and provider information into pharmacy prescription processing software.
- Verifies and reviews patient profiles at each fill and new prescriptions for accuracy.
- Inventory maintenance.
- Reviews designated stock section for outdated/expired stock every month and logs/initials completion in the logbook.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Valid pharmacy technician’s license from the California Board of Pharmacy
- High school graduate or equivalency
- CPR certification
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (Translate, Read, Write and Speak)
- A preferred two years’ experience as a pharmacy technician in a community pharmacy setting
- Must be flexible with his or her hours and be available to work all pharmacy operating hours
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to type 35wpm