Pediatric Providers - Pediatricians & Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
Eisner Health is a quality-focused community healthcare organization serving the Los Angeles community since 1920. Utilizing the guidelines set forth by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Department of Health’s Child Health and Disability Prevention Program (CHDP), the physician shall provide primary care to pediatric patient’s ages 0-18. Ideal candidates will have a passion for working collaboratively to provide comprehensive outpatient primary healthcare to low-income patients. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Performs routine well-child physicals, initial assessments, and follow-up exams focused on acute and chronic diseases.
- Orders diagnostic and laboratory tests, medications, immunizations, and other appropriate therapeutic interventions as determined by the symptoms or illness of the patients.
- Educated and counsels patients and families to promote positive health behaviors and disease prevention.
- Works closely with clinical support staff in coordinating and obtaining needed services for patients and families.
- Uses Electronic Health Record (NextGen) to accurately record all pertinent information regarding patient history, physical exam, diagnostic assessments, and treatment plan.
- Works to meet productivity goal of 21 patients to be seen on an average 8-hour day.
- Possible opportunity for limited inpatient work, if so desired.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Board certified or board eligible in field of Pediatrics.
- Current State of California Medical License.
- Spanish proficiency desirable.
- Experience using EHR.
- Current CPR certification.
Eisner Health is seeking an experienced Pediatric Nurse Practitioner who will be responsible for working collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare professionals to provide primary health care to acute and chronically stable patients. Including; obtaining histories, perform physical examinations, diagnoses, treat and monitor chronic diseases, order and interpret diagnostic studies, prescribes and select medications, immunizations, and other treatments. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with professionals, administrative staff, clients and representatives of community agencies. This may include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Educates and counsels patients to promote positive health behaviors and disease prevention.
- Performs and completes routine physical and follow-up exams.
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic medical problems.
- Orders diagnostic tests, x-rays, therapeutic injections and immunizations as determined by the symptoms or illness of the patient.
- Work closely with clinical staff in coordinating and obtaining needed services for patients and families.
- Keeps currently dictated or written medical records on and records all pertinent information regarding patient history, physical diagnoses and treatments accurately.
- Refers patients to specialists by EISNER’s referral policy when deemed necessary.
- Uses protects and discloses EISNER patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Consults with attending physician as necessary.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum 2 years of broad-spectrum pediatric or family medicine experience.
- Proficient in English and Spanish highly preferred
- Current CPR Certification
- Current NP License required
- Experience in Adult, Pediatrics and/or Family Practice.
- Must be able to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with children and families.