LVN Licensed Vocational Nurse, Supervisor
Eisner Health is seeking an experienced Clinical Supervisor to join our professional team! Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Operations, the Clinical Supervisor plans and coordinates the systems, activities, and functions of their respective department. The supervisor is responsible for the management of the clinical services to the patients; operates within the framework of the Center’s mission, goals, and policies; provides supervision to the staff members and acts as a liaison between their department in order to interact effectively with professionals, administrative staff, clinical staff, patients, and representatives of community agencies. The Clinical Supervisor’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, organizes, and directs the delivery of his/her department services; assures continuing education/training of staff; identifies, analyzes and works towards solution of departmental problems.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Operations with selection, interviews, and hiring of staff as needed.
- Supervises orientation of new employees to departmental and appropriate center wide programs and activities.
- Identifies and coordinates training needs for staff.
- Plans and delegates daily work assignments, supervises staff for completion of assigned work, and evaluates staff based on the center’s performance standards.
- Oversees staff scheduling.
- Participates in evaluating, formulating, interpreting, and implementing departmental standards of care, policies, and procedures.
- Assures that direct reports meet licensure and accreditation standards; participates in preparation for site visits.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Operations with departmental budget and management objectives, including investigation and justification of variances in the departmental budget, cost controls, and monitoring of departmental productivity and efficiency revenue and expenses.
- Provides input to the Director of Clinical Operations for the preparation of a variety of statistical and departmental reports.
- Assures the implementation of an effective Quality Assurance Program within the department.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- LVN license required.
- Three years’ experience in a clinical setting with a minimum one year supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred. High School Diploma or equivalency, required.
- Proficient in English and Spanish required.
- Must possess a current CPR Certification.
- Familiar with practice regulatory guidelines to include, but not limited to NTP, Title 9, HWLA, DHS, CHDP, PPP, and major health plans.
- Knowledge of health insurances, benefits, and basic ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Computer literacy: Word processing, spreadsheets, file management, labels and the use of healthcare software programs.