Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Per Diem, Lynwood
Eisner Health is seeking an experienced LCSW to join our professional team! The Lynwood Licensed Clinical Social Worker requires the provision of linkage and resources to all of the clients needing services in Eisner Health’s Lynwood Clinic. It requires close collaboration with the clinicians treating the patients as well as the ability to build relationships with these clients. It also involves counseling and providing integrated services as part of this primary care team.. This position will be responsible for two major aspects of the various evidence-based practices: ensuring fidelity to the various models, and overseeing outcome data. The responsibilities of this position, may include but are not limited to the following:
- Completes reporting process in cases of rape, domestic violence, child abuse, and elder abuse.
- Assists and arranges referral services and/or shelters for victims of domestic violence or elder abuse.
- Intervenes in cases involving difficult patients/families, or clients demonstrating behavioral problems.
- Responds to requests from other departments within the Center to meet with a potential client or to provide case management services as needed.
- Provides referral services to patients in need of housing, food, clothing or ancillary medical services, such as optometry referrals, etc. either in the Center or through referrals to community agencies.
- Arranges transportation services for patients.
- Assists patients in completing applications for any financial assistance programs, USCIS (Immigration and Naturalization), or legal services.
- Connects patients with internal and external health education programs or classes. May conduct group classes or programs for patients as appropriate.
- Provides initial paperwork and psychosocial assessment for client initial intake as appropriate.
- Provides counseling as needed, and makes referrals for further counseling.
- Collaborates with the medical and nursing providers to formulate, implement and revise discharge planning. Works closely with clinical staff in coordinating and obtaining needed services for patients and families.
- Provides psycho-educational support for patients. Working with the medical or social worker provider, designs specific behavioral plans for the patient.
- Obtains medical records from other facilities as requested.
- Provides case management and follow up of special cases involving clinic patients, including those who are admitted to the hospital, HMO patients who are out-of-area; or those who are referred out for other services.
- Acts as interpreter for non-Spanish speaking clinicians as needed.
- Documents all client contacts according to clinic standards.
- Participates in all mandatory meetings.
- Attends classes or meetings for professional development.
- Maintains productivity expectations.
- Assumes other duties as directed by department Clinical Manager/& Administrative Director
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be licensed as a LCSW with the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences
- MSW (degree in social work) preferred. Master’s Degree in psychology may be considered.
- Possess a Current CPR Certification.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Experience working with diverse populations in a social service setting highly desirable.
- Previous experience interpreting desirable.
- Experience in working with Electronic Medical Records, preferred.