This position is split between the Eisner Health Sherman Oaks & Panorama City, CA clinic locations.
Eisner Health Is seeking an experienced Social Worker to join our professional team. This position requires that the Integrated Care Social Worker provide linkage and resources to all of the clients needing services at Eisner’s Downtown Los Angeles site. It requires close collaboration with the clinicians treating the patients as well as the ability to build relationships with these clients. It also involves counseling and providing integrated services as part of this primary care team General Duties, this includes but is not limited to:
- Completes reporting process in cases of rape, domestic violence, child abuses, and elder abuse.
- Assists and arranges referral services and/or shelters for victims of domestic violence, child abuse, and elder abuse. Intervenes in cases involving difficult patients/families, or clients demonstrating behavioral problems.
- Responds to requests from other departments within the Center to meet with a potential client or to provide case management services as needed.
- Provides referral services to patients in need of housing, food, or ancillary medical services, such as optometry referrals, USCIS (Immigration and Naturalization), or legal services. Connects patients with internal and external health education programs or classes.
- May conduct group classes programs for patients as appropriate. Provides initial paperwork and psychological assessment for client initial intake as appropriate.
- Provides counseling as needed, and makes referrals for further counseling.
- Collaborates with the material and nursing providers to formulate, implement and revise discharge planning. Works closely with clinical staff in coordinating and obtaining needed services for patients and families.
- Provides psycho-educational support for patients. Working with the medical or social worker provider designs specific behavioral plans for the patients.
- Obtain medical records from other facilities as requested.Requirements and Qualifications:
- MSW (degree in social work) preferred. Master’s Degree in psychology may be considered.
- Possess a Current CPR Certification.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Experience working with diverse populations in a social service setting highly desirable.
- Previous experience interpreting desirable.
- Experience in working with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Must be registered with the BBS