Do you believe in empowering people to make healthy decisions to live their best lives? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding position that focuses on sharing health information and educating patients and the community? Eisner Health is looking for a Health Educator to join its team! A qualified candidate must be a degreed professional, experienced in providing community-based education, with knowledge of chronic disease. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates a wide-range of health education services, tailored to meet the needs of different patient populations.
- Provides direct group or one-on-one health education services to Eisner patients and the public.
- Engages individuals in critical conversations aimed at prevention, management of chronic diseases, and improvement of health outcomes.
- Collaborates with clinical staff to manage care plans for patients enrolled in education classes.
- Collaborates with staff to review and develop high quality, culturally appropriate written and audio-visual materials for health information projects, such as informational displays and community health events.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required.
- Masters of Public Health preferred; BA degree with appropriate experience in Community Health Education also considered.
- CHES credential preferred
- Previous work in development and teaching of uncomplicated health curriculum and materials preferred.
- Preferred experience with diabetes education and/or chronic disease management.
- Cultural competence working with low-income and immigrant communities.
- High degree of interpersonal competence with both staff and patients.
- Experience with electronic health record system preferred.
- Ability to travel to all sites and trainings as needed.
- Available to work Saturdays if needed.
In addition to competitive salaries, Eisner offers employees working 32 hours or more per week the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored Group Life and Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan – 401k
- Employer-Sponsored Long-term and Voluntary Short-term Disability Programs
- Transportation and Parking Subsidies
- Flexible Spending Health and Child Care Plans – Section 125
- Robust Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Educational Tuition and CME Reimbursement available to those who qualify
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)