Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner
Eisner Health is seeking an experienced Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner who specializes in Adults, Pediatrics and Family Practice. The Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for working collaboratively with physicians and other health care professionals to provide primary health care to acute and chronically stable patients. Including, obtaining histories, perform physical examinations, diagnoses, treat and monitor chronic diseases, order and interpret diagnostic studies, prescribes and select medications, immunizations and other treatments. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with professionals, administrative staff, clients and representatives of community agencies. This may include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Educates and counsels patients to promote positive health behaviors and disease prevention.
- Performs and completes routine physical and follow-up exams.
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic medical problems.
- Orders diagnostic tests, x-rays, therapeutic injections and immunizations as determined by the symptoms or illness of the patient.
- Work closely with clinical staff in coordinating and obtaining needed services for patients and families.
- Keeps currently dictated or written medical records on and records all pertinent information regarding patient history, physical diagnoses and treatments accurately.
- Refers patients to specialists in accordance with EISNER’s referral policy when deemed necessary.
- Uses, protects, and discloses EISNER patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Consults with attending physician as necessary.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree Nursing
- Minimum 5 years of broad spectrum family medicine experience.
- Proficient in English and Spanish highly preferred
- Current CPR Certification
- Current NP License required
- Experience in Adult, Pediatrics and/or Family Practice.
- Must be able to work in interdisciplinary teams