Eisner Health is seeking an experienced Customer Registration Representative to join our professional team! Under the direction of the department supervisor, this position preforms assigned functions for continuity of patient care and efficient patient flow. This position may include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for discharging patient and scheduling appointments at the completion of their visit.
- Makes appointments for all clinical and support services.
- Answers questions regarding clinic services and appointment-related information; directs questions to appropriate staff or department.
- Process laboratory orders, furnish patient with the necessary requisition to have lab blood draw. Direct patient to laboratory draw station in the area.
- Fax/Filling all necessary documentation to any auxiliary or support services and data entry.
- Mail out appointments and or no show letters of missed appointments to patients.
- Greets and directs patients and visitors coming in to the Dept.; answer their questions appropriately.
- Notifies his/her supervisor or the Dept. Director when waiting time for routine appointment is more than two (2) weeks.
- Able to work closely with support services in order to solve or find solutions discrepancies and or issues.
- Collecting payment for Laboratory orders not covered by patient’s insurance and posting payment
- Active listening skills
- Able to handle and work in a high stress environment
- Maintains a professional, friendly and courteous attitude in the performance of his/her duties.
- Handles patient information with utmost respect and confidentiality.
- Handles miscellaneous assignments as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Assist providers and support staff with questions regarding schedules.
- Supports the Center’s mission of quality care and patient satisfaction.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Experience with multi-button telephone, computer and other simple business equipment; must learn the Center’s computer and telephone system within three month of hire.
- Must learn procedures in appointment and telephone operator within three month of cross-training.
- Must demonstrate excellent telephone and customer service relation skills.
In addition to competitive salaries, Eisner offers employees working 32 hours or more per week, Eisner Health offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored Group Life and Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan – 401K
- Employer-Sponsored Long-term and Voluntary Short-term Disability Programs
- Transportation and Parking Subsidies
- Flexible Spending Health and Child Care Plans – Section 125
- Robust Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Educational Tuition and CME Reimbursement available to those who qualify
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)