Certified Nurse Midwife
Eisner Health is seeking an experienced Certified Nurse Midwife who has a passion for caring for the underserved. The CNM provides primary women’s health care focusing on pregnancy, childbirth, the postpartum period, care of the newborn and the family planning and gynecological needs of women. The nurse-midwife exercises a high level of independent judgment in managing patient care and assessing risk status. The CNM practices within a health care system that provides for physician consultation, collaborative management and referral as indicated by the health status of the patient. The nurse-midwife is responsible for providing full-scope care, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates obstetrical and gynecological theoretical knowledge, hand skills; follow clinical guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Provides primary care in an ambulatory setting to women including timely ordering and accurate evaluation of diagnostic tests and management of minor complications. Identifies factors that indicate deviations from normal and provides follow-up services according to the standards delineated in the Nurse-Midwifery Scope of Practice.
- Performs a comprehensive history and physical exam in an accurate and timely manner. Develops and implements a plan of care with the patient which is consistent with the clinical objectives of the multi-disciplinary obstetrical team.
- Provides in-patient obstetrical care for essentially healthy woman including OB triage, labor management, delivery of the infant, repair of lacerations/episiotomies, management of the immediate postpartum period, management of minor complications. Initiate emergency care as needed.
- Prescribes appropriate treatments and medications from an approved formulary for the management of a client’s contraceptive needs and/or for specific medical problems.
- Identifies deviations from normal and consults, co-manages or refers as appropriate.
- Provides limited obstetric ultrasound as indicated and according to established clinical guidelines.
- Provides individualized client teaching and counseling utilizing the nurse-midwifery philosophy, as appropriate.
- Instructs and supervises student nurse-midwives, family practice and OB interns, residents, medical students and nurses as assigned.
- Participates in a continuous, collaborative peer review process and in audits to conform to regulatory standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of Clinical experience (full-time).
- Master’s degree preferred and Graduate of an accredited school/university of nurse-midwifery.
- Current licensure in the state of California (RN and CNM), certification by the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) or the ACNM Certification Council, current furnishing number and DEA license.
- Current certification in CPR, Current certification in Neonatal Resuscitation, Credentialed at CHMC as an Allied Health member of the Department of OB/GYN, Certification in Limited OB ultrasound.
- Current certification in CPR
In addition to competitive salaries, Eisner offers clinicians working 32 hours or more per week, Eisner Health offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored Group Life and Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Plan – 401k
- Employer-Sponsored Long-term and Voluntary Short-term Disability Programs
- Transportation and Parking Subsidies
- Flexible Spending Health and Child Care Plans – Section 125
- Robust Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Educational Tuition and CME Reimbursement available to those who qualify
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)