Case Manager, Pediatrics
Eisner Health Is seeking an experienced Case Manager to join our professional team, this position requires that the Case Manager provide linkage and resources to clients requiring various services. It requires close collaboration with the clinicians treating the patients, as well as, the ability to build relationships with these clients. The Case Manager’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct psycho-educational and/or individual rehabilitation, either alone or in conjunction with a therapist, as well as provide psycho-education to groups and parents. Under the direction of the clinician, implement specific behavioral plans for the client in the office, school or home.
- Provide initial paperwork and psychosocial assessment for client initial intake appointments.
- Collaborate with clinicians on their cases in order to provide adjunctive services to their clients.
- Act as interpreter for psychiatrist or non-Spanish speaking staff during sessions, phone calls, and other instances, as needed.
- Provide assistance to the psychiatrist in terms of scheduling and medication management.
- Assist therapists with scheduling intakes and completing necessary documentation to open a case.
- Provide linkage and advocacy to ensure that the client and family have access to services that will help achieve treatment goals.
- Provide services within clinic or in client’s home, school, or other appropriate site, as needed.
- Document all client contacts according to DMH and clinic standards.
- Respond to requests from other departments within clinic to meet with a potential client or to provide case management services, on a limited basis. Speak and screen potential clients in person or by phone, record information on referral form, and arrange for an intake or refer to other agencies, as appropriate.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- MSW or BSW (degree in social work) required. Degrees in psychology may be considered.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Experience working with diverse populations in a social service setting highly desirable.
- Previous experience interpreting desirable.
- Certification in Triple P parenting highly desirable
- Experience in working with electronic medical records preferred.