Eisner Health is seeking an experienced Medical Assistant to join our professional team! Under the direction of the department supervisor, this position preforms assigned functions for continuity of patient care and efficient patient flow. This position needs to maintain a high quality of patient care and will be responsible for two major aspects of the various evidence-based practices: ensuring fidelity to the various models, and overseeing outcome data. This may include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Assess patients, measure vital signs, and obtain pertinent information as required per visit type.
- Record accurate information obtained from patient or parent/guardian in to the electronic health record in a timely manner.
- Prepare patient for examination, treatment and/or procedures.
- Explain procedures to patients, answer questions as needed and allay their anxiety by providing them with additional time and/or information to make informed decisions.
- Determine and assess patient’s understanding of information provided to them.
- Provide oversight for vaccine management and ensure that all vaccines are stored and handled correctly.
- Ordering and receiving vaccines.
- Administering vaccinations according to vaccine schedule.
- Maintains vaccine information through periodic review of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Vaccine Information Sheets (VIS) website and notifies Supervisor of additions or changes.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalency.
- Must possess a current CPR Certification.
- Certification as a medical assistant in the State of California.
- Certification through the California Family Health Council (CFHC) Basic Health Worker course, recommended.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- At least two years’ experience as a medical assistant in an outpatient clinic for adult and adolescent patients.
- Experience and proficiency with vaccination schedule and vaccination administration.